Lots of good stuff the past few days:
- Walter Laqueur’s lengthy but excellent examination of sources of terrorism. (Via Arts & Letters Daily).
- William Watkins’ assessment of civil liberties this election season appearing at History News Network.
- Just for the sake of balance, I note HNN also has this slightly less recent column rebutting some of the arguments I have made about perceived political hypocrisy on the part of the Catholic Church.
- Also in the religion vein, an author examines how Bush used religion to push his policies. (Via The Revealer).
- AlterNet picks up a couple excellent pieces, one a profile of columnist Paul Krugman and the other a critical look at the foreign policy planks of the Democractic platform.