- No wonder a chill was running down my spine most of the day.
- A CJR essay makes a cogent argument that “journalism needs a rhetoric beat.”
- Britannica Blog has a very interesting post on why the written word has “no real information value” for communicating with an extraterrestrial civilization.
- Colbert may be done but I’m still dreaming of a Jon Stewart-Bruce Springsteen ticket.
- Words Without Borders gives some love to the University of Iowa’s International Writing Program.
- The WaPo‘s Book World, meanwhile, takes us around the world in 25 books.
- Given there’s nearly two months left, tain’t it a little early to be coming up with a best books of 2007 list?
Look here brother,
Who you jivin’ with that Cosmik Debris?
“Cosmik Debris,” Frank Zappa, Apostrophe (‘)