Worthwhile Reading in the Interweb Tubes
Blog Headlines of the Week
- Marijuana legalizers do victory lap, stop to cough and wheeze
- Bob Dylan Christmas Album Reviewed: Jewish Ex-Christian Kills Christmas via Songs
Blog Line of the Week
- Margaret Howie looks up the meaning of the Literarian Award the National Books Foundation is giving David Eggers: “Literarian = Unfathomly Popular Whimisical Aging Hipster Shit“.
- io9 is “Blogging the Hugos,” in which it will “explore the evolution of science fiction by looking at Hugo Award–winning novels in chronological order.”
- Book price wars — Part E
- Dozens of well-known musicians have endorsed a Freedom of Information Act request seeking the declassification of government records related to music used in interrogating Guantanamo detainees.
- Perhaps this flowchart will help solve my “Nookie Reader” problem. (Via.)
It’s such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Nigel Tufnel (Christopher Guest), This Is Spinal Tap