- I had the pleasure of speaking about blogging this week at the Newspaper Writing: Critical/Editorial course offered by Augie’s English/Journalism programs
- If only I’d known earlier, a personal dream would come true tonight. Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle (the greatest rock album ever made) in its entirety for the first time tonight at Madison Square Garden.
Worthwhile Reading in the Interweb Tubes
Blog Headlines of the Week
- Today is National Bookstore Day, designed to build the visibility of independent bookstores. South Dakota, sadly, is invisible.
- Is The Boss writing The Book? (Via.)
- Giving new meaning to the term “longlist,” the longlist for the 2010 International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award has 156 books on it.
- I know NaNoWriMo is big in the book blogosphere and podcastosphere (?) but I’m more along the lines that it should probably be called Write A Shitty Novel Month. (Via.) (Oh Gawd, there’s a similar one for blogs called NaBloPoMo, where the goal seems to be quantity, not quality.)
- Ten inventions that changed the world.
- How to use an apostrophe.
- Feeling grumpy is good for you. (Via.)
- How many words do you see in a day? Note the operative word is “see,” not “read.”
- Oxymorons of the week: openly pagan Republican and “terrible videogame novelizations.”
- Two of my favorite things: The Big Picture does (stunning) space pr0n.
You got to learn to live with what you are
Ben Folds, “Learn to Live with What You Are,”