Blog Headlines of the Week
- God Doesn’t Like Crap in Art
- Great Moments In Journalism: CNN.com Explores “Boozy Grandmas”
- When The MSM Obsesses Over Crotches, Have The Terrorists Won?
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
End of the Year/Decade Lists That Got My Attention
- Roger Ebert lists his picks for best foreign films of 2009 and the best films of the decade.
- The best awful library books of 2009.
- The most overlooked reads of the past 10 years. (And, yes, I overlooked all of them.)
- The 12 weirdest right wing conspiracies of 2009.
- The decade in Bob Dylan.
- Contrary to popular belief in most of America, we are not among the remotest places on Earth.
- Snarky but fun: odd celebrity look-alikes.
- It was only a matter of time before the Google Books project achieved greatness. It now has Weekly World News so you won’t miss classic articles that give us both the first photos of heaven and the first photos of hell and all sorts of insight and inside information on UFOs and aliens. (Via.)
- Need more proof too many people in the US have gone off the deep end? How about that Americans admire Glenn Beck almost as much as Nelson Mandela and more than Billy Graham or the Pope.
The Airing of Grievances
- The inaugural grievance is the additional airport and airline restrictions to which we will all be subject. It becomes a grievance in light of the true odds of being a victim of terrorism on an airplane. (Via.)
Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind
Seem to get lost and harder to find
Phish, “Pebbles and Marbles,” Round Room