- I said yesterday I wasn’t going to speak up on the so-called “blogger bills” but, so far, the debate seems to lose the forest for the trees. I’ll have a post Monday on why these bills shouldn’t pass.
- I was pleased to see that Five Peace Band Live, my album of the year, won the Grammy for Best Jazz Instrumental Album.
Blog Headline of the Week
Best Line on the Interweb This Week
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Dodging bombs for a good book in Pakistan. (Via.)
- GOOD provides its list of 15 books you must read this year. Most of them were published before this year and I’ve actually read four on the list.
- For SF fans, Locus magazine has posted its 2009 recommended reading list. (Via.)
- A record number of submissions leads to the “Very Longlist” for the Diagram Prize for Oddest Book Title of the Year award. Personally, I have a hard time picking among Is the Rectum a Grave?, Obama Guilty of Being President While Black and The Quotable Douchebag. (Via.)
- It isn’t very often the Astronomy Picture of the Day ends up in a book-related link.
- Bob Dylan’s song “Man Gave Names to All the Animals” to become a children’s book. (Via.)
- Turns out presidents making “false and misleading statements” to garner support for war is a lengthy American tradition.
I’ve got a mental toothache and the sooner it’s pulled the better
Mary Roberts Rinehart, The Man in Lower Ten