- One of those weeks combined with the onset of my “fall cold” to make things a bit sparse this week. So it goes.
Question of the Week
- With the local daily now running the Pearls Before Swine comic strip, why is it gracing us strips from 2006 rather than current ones?
Worthwhile Reading in the Interweb Tubes — E-reader Edition
- Buying books is fun, with a glass in your hand (“Before I first acquired a Kindle, exactly one year ago, I didn’t usually buy books while under the influence of alcohol.”)
- Why you shouldn’t buy an e-reader (“…a lot of people barely use their e-readers and sometimes even relegate them to what I fondly refer to as the-drawer-where-gadgets-go-to-die.”)
- Lawsuits that kill books
- I’ve not read anything by Nobel Laureate Mario Vargas Llosa but The Guardian gives us its take on his five essential novels.
Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
Susan Ertz, Anger in the Sky