Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The Menace Within (“No behavioral research that puts people in that kind of setting can ever be done again in America.” (via)
- The Death of NASA and the iPad (“Do you really think a great future exists because we can check our emails anywhere, or watch television shows we missed while we were twitting to each other?”)
- Is Peter Pan too politically incorrect for modern readers?
- Reading retreats
- The Pulitzer Prize scam.
- Sorry, but I don’t view any of the five most stolen books as worth the effort.
- Likewise, none of the five most pirated e-books would end up on my Nook (but then, I’ll admit that I don’t read Playboy for the articles). (via)
- Are salt cravings the source of human drug addiction?
- “Detainee 001” in America’s “war on terror.” (via)
- What I learned from 9-11 conspiracy theories.
There is only life. This life that we live. If it is Hell, it is because we make it so.
James Frey, The Final Testament of the Holy Bible