Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The Death of the Book (“Pity the book. It’s dead again.”)
- My Kasual Kountry Weekend With the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (“This much, at least, is true: today’s Ku Klux Klan is a destination of last resort for the castoffs of American society.”) (via)
Blog Headlines of the Week
- University of Nebraska Press gets some love from the NYT for its baseball books.
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is adding a library.
- The Indies Choice Book Award winners were announced. As often seems the case, I’ve read none of them.
- This may be the best product warning ever.
- In (belated) honor of April Fool’s Day, Longform’s guide to journalism hoaxes.
- The complete text of Bruce Springsteen’s SXSW keynote address. You can hear (and see) the speech at NPR.
- John Carlos recalls his Black Power salute at the 1968 Olympics.
- The Kansas Supreme Court has ruled that a repeated dog molester won’t have to register as a sex offender.
We live in a post–authentic world. And today authenticity is a house of mirrors.
Bruce Springsteen, SXSW keynote speech