Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The magical land of NRAnia  (“In this land, guns do not kill people. People kill people. Guns are suspiciously present at a number of these incidents, but their friends swear that they were not involved. They just have bad timing[.]”)
Batshit Craziness of the Week
- A Tennessee man took his bulldog to a shelter to be euthanized because he concluded the dog was gay .
- British docs may give those with mental health issues “written prescriptions to visit their local library  to read a selection of 30 approved texts.” (Here’s a list  of the 30 titles.)
- Bring back shushing librarians 
- Dear Barnes & Noble 
- February 14 is also International Book Giving Day . (In our family, this could be the epitome of killing two birds with one stone.) (via )
- Although it’s never really interested me, Book Collecting 101  is worth looking at
- The history of the paperback 
- Science confirms what I always took for granted: silent reading isn’t really silent 
- The 10 most notorious parts  of famous books
- The American Library Association announced its Notable Book List  for 2013
- In case you were wondering, calling your doctor “a real tool ” isn’t defamatory, at least in Minnesota.
- A person has to have their priorities in life , even at a young age.
I’ve come to believe cable news is slowly killing us, giving us intellectual emphysema, cancer of the mind.
Kurt Andersen, True Believers