Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Godless yet good  (“After 20 years of living in the US (I was born in Canada), I still tend to forget how many people here assume, simply as a matter of common sense, that the very idea of ‘secular ethics’ is an abomination, a contradiction, or both.”)
- What Coke Contains  (“The number of individuals who know how to make a can of Coke is zero. The number of individual nations that could produce a can of Coke is zero.”) (via )
- I could see wanting to live in a gorgeous library 
- For some reason, this bothers me: the future of books is “social reading .” (via )
- Has the Kindle killed the Nook? 
- And is digital publishing killing the ISBN ?
- The 10 greatest dystopian love stories  (I’ve read six)
- The National Book Critics Circle Awards  were announced this week — and I’ve actually read the fiction winner 
- The Tournament of Books  begins Monday
- Unfortunately, you need to be aware of CISPA  again
- Photos of a Siberian winter 
- Eleven emerging scientific fields  that everyone should know about
To bankrupt a fool, give him information.
Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Bed of Procrustes