Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Liberty—Myth or Fantasy? (“Our country no longer hungers for the myth of liberty; it is starving from its absence. In place of this myth, various groups have established their own set of beliefs and moral goals, all of which are designed to encompass a few but hold out the many.”)
- Onliness (“Literature is the group home of only children…”)
Blog Headline of the Week
- Economic distress leads Spaniards back to libraries (via)
- Does conspiracy fiction contribute to Americans distrusting their government?
- The murky world of literary libel
- Bookstores may want to smell like chocolate
- Which books are most likely to be challenged in Alabama school libraries? (via)
- And Alexander Nazaryan looks behind the list
- I am not a wine drinker but even I know that cola-flavored wines are just wrong
- How to practice safe
- The case for abolishing the DHS (via)
- Smitings by God have dropped dramatically over the last 40 years
The things you don’t need to live — books, are, cinema, wine and so on — are the things you need to live.
Matt Haig, The Humans