Blog Headline of the Week
Blog Line of the Week
- “you cannot spell blogger without either ego or bore” (As an aside, the co-author of the first book mentioned in the post taught at the USD School of Law when I was there.)
- Tomorrow (July 11) is the 50th anniversary of the publication of To Kill A Mockingbird.
- Melville House is launching a TV advertising campaign for my favorite book last year, Every Man Dies Alone.
- Amazon names its best books of 2010… so far. I’ve read three of them and can tell you that, at best, one has an outside chance of honorable mention on my personal best of the year list. But then, what else is new?
- In the event you weren’t aware, Jezebel accuses The Daily Show (my favorite television show) of sexism, prompting a response from “the women of The Daily Show.”
- Now here’s an innovative device for parents. “Godblock is a web filter that blocks religious content. It is targeted at parents and schools who wish to protect their kids from the often violent, sexual, and psychologically harmful material in many holy texts, and from being indoctrinated into any religion before they are of the age to make such decisions.” (via Disinformation)
I sometimes feel that I should carry around some sort of rectal thermometer, with which to test the rate at which I am becoming an old fart.
Christopher Hitchens, Hitch-22