Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Don’t Support Your Local Bookseller (“There is little that’s ‘local’ about most local bookstores.”)
Best New Christmas Tradition
Blog Headline of the Week
Blog Line of the Week
- I can’t wait for the part where everybody remembers that frontrunner ‘Newt Gingrich’ is actually… Newt Gingrich.”
- An interesting — and valid — comparison of ebook readers.
- Have something to confess related to books? Then go to Bookfessions. (via)
- The Omnivore, a UK criticism digest, has announced it is creating the Hatchet Job of the Year Award for “the angriest, funniest, most trenchant book review of the past twelve months.” (via)
- Build a book Christmas tree. And here’s an even bigger one.
Do not speak unless you can improve the silence.
James Lee Burke, Feast Day of Fools