- Given the date, it would be uncurmudgeonly of me not to note, “Another year shot to hell.”
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- A Year Without Fear (“So far, my strategy of being more adventurous was producing mixed results. My life seemed richer and more interesting—but it also involved a lot more groaning, clutching my sides and intermittently praying for death.”)
- How I became a ‘terrorist’ (“The first time I was attacked by an Israeli settler, I was 14 years old.”) (via)
Bot Comment of the Week
(Inspired by my friends at Cognitive Dissonance, the end of the year brings the start of an excerpt from the “best” blog comment posted by a bot. And, as a bonus, this week includes the funniest bot comment I’ve seen in a long time.)
- “You realize therefore considerably when it comes to this subject, produced me in my view believe it from numerous numerous angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated until it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent. All the time maintain it up!” (December 29 comment to this book review)
- “I can certainly be back,” posted by user “genital warts.”
- This sounds like a wonderful reading goal for 2012: “to just read what I want when I want to read it, and enjoy it.”
- In the world of e-books, some books are never done being written.
- Popehat is taking votes for “Censorious Asshat of the Year.”
- Did you know that Jesus Christ’s tomb is in Japan?
Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to