Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Death and the Library (“In a house of readers, what, more than books, allows access to the inner lives of its occupants?”)
- Tracking Creation in Glen Rose (“In the beginning, God created dinosaurs and humans, and they walked together in Texas.”)
- Facts, 360 B.C.-A.D. 2012 (“To the shock of most sentient beings, Facts died Wednesday, April 18, after a long battle for relevancy with the 24-hour news cycle, blogs and the Internet.”) (via)
- What city buys the most e-eaders?
- How Frederick Manfred changed a reporter’s life
- In case you’ve been in seclusion or comatose this week, under a rock, I have good reason for not reading this year’s Pulitzer Prize winner for fiction — there wasn’t one.
- 10 Famous Novels That Didn’t Win a Pulitzer Prize
- The 2011 LA Times Book Prizes were announced last night.
- Example 9,684 of why Twitter/Facebook culture should not influence publishing decisions: “Shit Girls Say” Lands a Book Deal
- John Brennan is my hero of the week
- Does cold weather cause witch trials?
- The best and worst comments sections (in terms of commenters) on online sites and magazines.
- Ted Nugent offers voters real incentive to vote for Obama in November
I’m in disguise as someone with a real life.
Nick Harkaway, Angelmaker