Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- A Life Worth Ending (“Make no mistake, the purpose of long-term-care insurance is to help finance some of the greatest misery and suffering human beings have yet devised.”) (via)
Blog Headline of the Week
- A Russian publisher has decided not to publish a translation of The Whisperers: Private Life in Stalin’s Russia, which I reviewed in 2007, because of “a huge number of inaccuracies and factual errors” in the author’s translation of original Russian-language interviews into Englih. (via)
- Why marginalia?
- Are books becoming too long to read? (via)
- Ten epidemically overrated books
- Do you have answer syndrome?
- Florida judge says flashing lights to warn other drivers of a speed trap is protected by the First Amendment.
Procrastination is the soul rebelling against entrapment.
Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Bed of Procrustes