- The interwebs are full of tributes to Ray Bradbury. I will offer just a remembrance. Of the hundreds of books I’ve read in my life, I can still remember sitting and reading The Illustrated Man in a particular room in my long since razed junior high school.
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Is there any reason to read? (“Since the beginning of time … we have known that words are dangerous creatures.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
- Western civilization rescued from clutches of oblivion as Utah school removes book about lesbian mommies from library
Blog Line of the Week
- If Google Translate and other online translation programs got their start in the Cold War era for spy purposes, then by god it is amazing our world still exists at all.
- Sister Farley’s revenge
- A reviewer’s rant
- But is there a race issue in book reviews?
- How Texas inflicts bad textbooks on us
You can’t have a civilization without [reading], can you? If you can’t read and write you can’t think.
Ray Bradbury, Salon.com