Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Americans Want to Live in a Much More Equal Country (They Just Don’t Realize It)(“In fact, the vast majority of Americans prefer a distribution of wealth more equal than what exists in Sweden, which is often placed rhetorically at the extreme far left in terms of political ideology–embraced by liberals as an ideal society and disparaged by conservatives as an overreaching socialist nanny state.”)
- Against Enthusiasm (“Not to share in the lit world’s online slumber party can seem strange and mark a person as unlikable or (a worse offense in this age) unfollowable.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
- Hats off to the Missourian, the student newspaper at the University of Missouri-Columbia, for its in-depth look at book challenges in the state
- Oh no, Fifty Shades bumped off Harry Potter
- The benefits of a book journal
- If reading were an Olympic sport
- Ten essential surrealist books for everyone (and of which I’ve read nada)
- What if every Olympic sport was photographed like beach volleyball? (via)
- The government should buy everyone a beer
- Did Henry Fonda let a killer go free?
I am no better and neither are you
We’re all the same whatever we do
Sly & the Family Stone, “Everyday People,” Stand!