- This is a sort of double edition as travel before and during the Labor Day weekend kept me from posting last Saturday. Thus, a couple items are a bit older than usual.
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The village where people have dementia – and fun (“It’s not the sort of slow, quiet death you get in other places. Here everyone feels at home.”) (via)
- I hadn’t heard of the term “sock puppeting” until reading the internet is rife with it.
- As the preceding link notes, this is somewhat related to the latest to-dos in the book reviewing world.
- New York Review Books has launched NYRB Lit, a new e-book series devoted to contemporary literary fiction and narrative non-fiction.
- What kind of book reader are you? Frankly, I don’t think I fit any of them.
- The 2012 PEN Literary Awards were announced.
- As were the 2012 Hugo Awards.
- Were it not for the cats, I would consider being a bookstore-sitter.
- It’s no fun being the country’s only “Specially Designated Terrorist.”
- Why is it hard to find photos of Neil Armstrong on the moon?
To the dumb question “Why me?” the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply: Why not?
Christopher Hitchens, Mortality