Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The Last Letter (” I write this letter on behalf of us all—the human detritus your war has left behind, those who will spend their lives in unending pain and grief.”) (via)
- Voices from Solitary: A Sentence Worse Than Death (“What nobody knew or suspected back then, not even I, [is that] I would begin suffering a punishment that I am convinced beyond all doubt is far worse than any death sentence could possibly have been.”) (via)
Blog Headline of the Week
Blog Line of the Week
Legal Craziness of the Week
- An 18-year old was arrested in Kentucky last month for yelling “bingo!” in a bingo hall when he didn’t really have bingo
- A Polish architect thinks his country’s libraries would get more visitors if they had water slides and indoor swimming pools. I think the water might raise havoc with e-readers.
- Books appear to becoming less emotional
- The 10 most influential travel books
- Ten of the best books on the Iraq War
- It took a study to figure out what any dog owner could have told them: a dog’s face reflects its emotions?????? (via)
- By the way, if you’ve got $60 to
throw awayspend, you can test your dog’s IQ
- Damn! I missed Alien Abduction Day
- What does a pope do?
- Our willingness to use nukes appears more affected by chances of success than lives lost
If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.