Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- My day at Westboro Baptist: “Yes, Jesus hates you” (“Few things irk Westboro’s members more than the widespread belief, even beyond the church, that Christ was a sweet, all-loving man. God does not actually love everyone, they say, only those whom He chose for heaven.”)
- “Most contemporary literary fiction is terrible” (“Let’s face it: Literary fiction is fucking boring.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
- We need more book vending machines
- Ten books that make you look cool
- Who knew? There’s a new New Testament with outtakes
- Damn cats
- Adam Johnson’s The Orphan Master’s Son won the 2013 Tournament of Books, besting John Green’s young-adult novel, The Fault in Our Stars, in the final round
- What is “ungoogleable“?
- Is Barack Obama the president Richard Nixon always wanted to be?
- Karl Marx’s revenge: today’s rich-poor divide (via)
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.
Mark, Twain, Eruption: Hitherto Unpublished Pages About Men and Events