- I just want to mention it was my 32nd wedding anniversary this past week — and, amazingly, she still loves me.
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Twenty-five Signs You’re Addicted To Books (“The first step is admitting it. The second step is to keep right on reading.”)
- The Curse of Reading and Forgetting (“But, looking at my bookshelves, I am aware of another kind of forgetting—the spines look familiar; the names and titles bring to mind perhaps a character name, a turn of plot, often just a mood or feeling—but for the most part, the assembled books, and the hundreds of others that I’ve read and discarded, given away, or returned to libraries, represent a vast catalogue of forgetting.”)
- First interview with a dead man (“Nine years ago, Graham woke up and discovered he was dead.”) (via)
- Where are South Dakota’s young Democrats?
- Was the shutdown of Boston an overreaction?
- How religions change their mind
- Why rational people buy into conspiracy theories
- Alien hand syndrome is not an invention of the movies
Hello beautiful thing, maybe you could save my life
Bruce Springsteen, “Girls in Their Summer Clothes,” Magic