- You know it’s summer in South Dakota when the outdoor sign of national chain hotel on the main drag in the state capitol promotes having “Free Minnows”
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The Insanity Virus (“Schizophrenia … does not begin as a psychological disease. Schizophrenia begins with an infection.”) (via)
Weird Shit of the Week
- Wisconsin man invokes his constitutional right to have sex with a goat (after, of course, he had been “drinking heavily”)
- Is Franz Kafka overrated?
- This method of reading a lot of books is far too complicated
- How reading makes us more human
- The science of the smell of old books
- Can marginalia change the way you read?
- Just as you can read acclaimed books too late in life (see A Catcher in the Rye), you can also read a great book too early
- Fourteen places to poop before you die
- EFF looks at the NSA’s surveillance activities in a series called Spies Without Borders
Take the time to be free
Dave Mason, “To Be Free,” Headkeeper