- Happy birthday to me
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Reading Needs Writing! (“The failure to adequately teach writing is actually making the achievement of reading more difficult.”)
- Of lickspittles and playground bullies (“Equal opportunity in politics means dummying down the electorate so that it creates a constituency of idiots who can be governed by imbeciles.”)
- The 6 Weirdest Things We’ve Learned Since 9/11 (“Somebody tell me when the entire concept of patriotism got hijacked by the pickup truck and gun rack brigade.”)
(Most Obvious) Blog Headline of the Week
Blog Line of
the Last Week
How Stoned Were You?
- “A Brookings man is being investigating after reporting to police Sunday that someone stole his marijuana.”
- The global rise of the super library
- The ethics of buying books
- Seventy-one percent of air travelers prefer print books (which I speculate is because you don’t have to turn them off for takeoff and landing) (via)
- A history of the U.S. military’s library program
- This year’s National Book Foundation’s “5 Under 35” are all women
- The First Amendment, a internet freedom and online harassment
- A New York man has filed his third lawsuit to prove he’s not dead
- Why can’t women time travel?
- An illustrated book of bad arguments (via)
- I’m pretty sure I’d adapt quite well to this kind of future
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened.