Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- How The Public Library Turned Me Into A Reader (“The books that visited me from the public library were mostly ephemeral events in my life; they came, were devoured, were discarded and were ultimately forgotten. Their effects, however, still linger.”)
Most Cringeworthy Lawsuit of the Week
- An Alabama man has filed a medical malpractice suit alleging he checked into a hospital for a circumcision and awoke from surgery to find his penis had been amputated
- I have LOTS of these signs of addiction
- Bookish Lists: the Man Booker longlist (i’ve read one); 12 books that capture what it’s like to be an introvert; 7 books to not bring to the beach; 21 books that changed SF/F forever (not surprisingly, I’ve read 15)
- Standing in line for a living
Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.