Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Crazy in Love (“The duty of a crazy person’s friends and family is far more practical: Our duty is to appear, as much as possible, not crazy, so that our loved one will be allowed to live.”)
- Evidently the Lord of the Rings trilogy is actually an espousal of a “profoundly conservative” political ideology
- Seems buying a bestseller doesn’t mean you’re willing to read it
- Interesting approach to call this year’s “best of” lists boring in your own “best of” list
- Thirteen ways to make sure you get books for Xmas
- What kind of reader are you?
- Fifty years of toys from the Sears-Roebuck Christmas catalog
- How Victorians invented the future
- I’ve been suffering from weltschmerz for
- Ten of the most tasteless items sold this year
- Seven habits of highly defective people
- I played it throughout junior high and high school, too young to realize snooker is “cultured”
It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World