Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The Plot to Free North Korea With Smuggled Episodes of ‘Friends’ (“When North Koreans watch Desperate Housewives, they see that Americans aren’t all war-loving imperialists.”)
- If you need an app to “sanitize” the books you read, I think you really need to meet reality
- Penguin Books UK shows that “books are healthier, longer-lasting, and more inspiring than cigarettes” — and a bettr investment
- Kazou Ishiguro ignites another round of the LiFi-SciFi wars, something I commented on nearly a decade ago regarding his widely praised but so-so Never Let Me Go
- Bookish Lists: books to read when your brain is fried; finalists for the country’s best bookstore; finalists for the L.A. Times Book Prizes; crucial books about PTSD
- Positive thinking “has got dangerously out of hand“
- Does philosophy matter?
- Why psychedelics should be legalized
If I ever got out of bed at night and didn’t have to step over a Labrador or two or three, or move one off the covers so I could turn over, my nights would be more restless and the demons that wait in the dark for me would be less easily fended.
Gene Hill, Tears and Laughter