Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- ‘Have You Ever Thought About Killing Someone?’ (“Being turned on by your own death is a fetish that causes both moral and legal problems.”)
Legal Pleading of the Week
- To F*ck This Court And Everything That It Stands For (“F*ck you, old man. You’re a joke. Your court’s a joke. You take it up the a*s; and you suck nuts. Lol.”)
Dealing With the Dangers of Books
- A Canadian school bus driver told an 8-year-old girl she could no longer read books on bus because it risked the safety of other students — and she might poke herself in the eye
- Some of us relish the “experiential efficacy of deep, physical reading“
- Of course there’s too many books
- Do we still need libraries?
- Creating enough reading time
- How much should children read?
- How SF sees the future of reading
- Reading as a transformative experience
- The puppy wars lead Hugo Award nominees to withdraw
- Bookish Lists: reading tips for the easily distracted; best environmental novels; 10 essential utopias; LA Times Book Awards; Pulitzer Prizes
If you ever reach total enlightenment while you’re drinking a beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose.
Jack Handey, Deeper Thoughts, All New