- As a follow-up to my school censorship councils post, take a look at The Forbidden Library. It’s devoted to books that were the subject of banning efforts and the reasons why. It also has some excellent links.
- Via The Revealer is this exposition on psychedelic music and the search for spirituality.
- I’ve posted a review of Footprints: The Life and Music of Wayne Shorter, a two-CD retrospective, over at Blogcritics.
- Here’s a concept that could be really good or really bad. Bookins is a web site meant to facilitate book trading (via book-blog) and PaperBackSwap is meant to do the same for, you guessed it, paperbacks (via Blog of a Bookslut).
- Of course, maybe such sites are in part responsible for the sad, but not surprising, news that the number of books sold dropped by almost 44 million between 2003 and 2004. (Via Grumpy Old Bookman).
- Finally, if you use RSS and want to keep up on a variety of published book reviews, The Millions (A Blog About Books) has aggregated a number of feeds into one. You can subscribe to the XML feed here.
You wondered why your father was so resigned
Now you don’t wonder any more
“The Ascent of Stan,” Ben Folds, Rockin’ the Suburbs