I don’t know if it’s summer doldrums, the humidity, my back screwing around with me again or just general inertia. I’m struggling to go to work, get work done or even get through more than a few pages of the books I’m reading, let alone provide a real substantive post on anything. So, here’s a couple recent items of note.
- A tip of the hat to Grumpy Old Bookman, a UK blog about books and publishing. In giving up on The Traveler, proprietor Michael Allen referred to my review of the book at Blogcritics as one of those “more enlightening” than what was found in the major newspapers.
- Mixed emotions on this: a new blog is created about every second and the blogosphere doubles every 5.5 months. (Via if:book).
- Gee, particularly given the last couple paragraphs, could you ever guess she’s my daughter?
- There seem to be daily stops here via the servers for both the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate. So, welcome to the Herseth and Thune-and/or-Johnson staffers checking in. With Congress on its summer recess and no votes being recorded, I may not have much to say that will interest you guys for awhile. Keep visiting, though.
- Shiny new US Serenity trailer with great slogan: “The Future Is Worth Fighting For.” (Via Firefly News). I’ve also added a Serenity countdown, created by and courtesy of ZenGrrl to the top right of the page.
Don’t confront me with my failures
I had not forgotten them
“These Days,” Jackson Browne, For Everyman