Not sure why but there’s some serious year-end malaise going on here, accompanied by an almost total lack of ambition or motivation. Ergo, I am highly ambivalent about most things. Best of year posts are forthcoming but here’s a couple items that caught my eye this week.
- Of local interest, Scott Hudson has his year-end list of the top 5 people who should get out of town.
- The SF Site is taking votes for its readers’ choice awards for 2005.
- A chronological list of Outrageous Firsts in Television History. (Via kottke.org remaindered links).
- Here’s a great list of the Best Links of 2005, including such items as How big is Jesus? (based on communion bread and wine transforming physically into the flesh and blood of Christ).
- Finally, in honor of my forthcoming lists, here is the Onion AV Club’s list of the Least Essential Albums of 2005.
Right now I can’t read too good
Don’t send me no more letters no
Not unless you mail them
From Desolation Row
“Desolation Row,” Bob Dylan, Highway 61 Revisited