Work and weekend travel lead to a brief recap of items:
- The online version of The Nation looks at South Dakota’s abortion ban in a column titled Anatomy of a Bad Law. (Via How Appealing.)
- Ron Hogan takes a look at the reaction to the NYT Book Review’s new science fiction column at Publisher’s Weekly with “outtakes” at his own blog.
- Although he’s talking about the NHL, an ESPN columnist notes what I have been thinking at most hockey games I attend. (Via Off Wing Opinion).
- PP and I got a little bit of national attention on the J.A.I.L. issue, noting that we come from opposite sides of the political aisle.
- There’s other areas where the political winds in the South Dakota blogosphere merge when it comes to initiatives and referendums. I join PP, Clean Cut Kid and South Dakota Progressive in opposing any thought of making it more difficult to get initiated and referred measures on the ballot.
All the ills of democracy can be cured by more democracy.
Alfred E. Smith, June 27, 1933