There’s been a few glitches along the way. And some of those have led to, “God, I hope this works” thoughts in pushing certain buttons. Still, I think I have the blog transferred to the new server and and everything seems to be functioning properly. It takes a while for the change to propagate through the internet (and Midcontinent seems to be <s>particularly slow</s> absolutely horrible in updating DNS records or clearing the DNS cache). But if you’re reading this that process is complete at least for your ISP and browser. In addition, I’ve already noticed a difference with the new web host as tech support solved a redirection problem I was having during the initial transfer of the blog with one phone call.
That said, here’s a few items you may have missed from other places even though you were looking elsewhere during my stretch of technical difficulties:
- Scott Hudson writes an excellent letter to Santa.
- I spent a considerable part of my down time pondering Sobby’s Thurteen Questions of Doom.
- In a more serious vein, I do plan to spend some of my time reading from Volume 2 of the Ukrainian Literature journal. (Via.)
- Corey V has his list of his favorite reads of 2007. (My 2007 list will come before year-end and I can’t resist pointing out that one of Corey’s selections was on my list last year.)
- Three Percent collates the translations of the year.
- The Return of the Reluctant is not too reluctantly closing its doors.
- Coming on the heels of Dan Fogelberg’s death from the disease, Stephen Stills has been diagnosed with prostrate cancer.
So if you’re still listenin’
I hope you’ll remember
The kid with the big white guitar
And all the sad stories to tell
“My Favorite Changes,” Stephen Stills, Stills