- Travel results in a somewhat skewed edition. When I finally got to check my RSS reader, there were close to 2,000 items. “Skimming” them might be an exaggeration. On the good side, though, I went to a college hockey game for the first time since the 2008 Frozen Four.
- An authorized Kurt Vonnegut biography is slated for next year.
- Fifteen classic SF and fantasy novels publishers rejected.
- Amazon is going to underwrite the Best Translated Book Awards. This comes after Amazon has launched its own imprint for foreign books.
- The most beautiful libraries in the world.
- A 92-year-old Florida man has been banned from a local library for giving a librarian sexually explicit letters and “inappropriate” gifts. (via)
- Twenty banned album covers. (via)
- Production has stopped on the cassette Sony Walkman. I’m surprised it’s lasted this long given the ubiquity of MP3 players. (via)
Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.