As the blog shows, I am getting caught up on my book reviews. In fact, the last two were also being picked up by advance.net. Anyway, with at least two more on the front burner, here’s some accumulated material for the weekend.
First a couple minor rhetorical rants:
- What part of the word FICTION is it that they don’t understand?
- Why must people insist on screwing with the inimitable?
With that out of my system, some more routine linkage:
- As a follow-up to an earlier note, Reading the World is starting on online Words Without Borders book club for various titles in the Reading the World series. First up is The Ministry of Pain by Dubravka Ugresic.
- Consider signing the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s petition against the RIAA’s lawsuits against consumers.
- The Library Journal has come up with a list of essential jazz books and recordings. There’s also an addendum of additional material. (Via Jazz and Blues Music Reviews).
- I cracked up at this automatic enrollment, related FAQ and worthy list of rights and responsibilities. (Thanks to Stumble).
And if you don’t know where you’re going
Any road will take you there
“Any Road,” George Harrison, Brainwashed