A couple notes before I head off to listen to the Stampede play for the Clark Cup championship:
- A CNN employee’s wishful thinking?
- Next month is the third annual Reading The World, in which independent booksellers promote international writers. We, of course, don’t have any participating bookstores but here’s a list of this year’s titles.
- This weekend SCOTUSblog is running a two part primer on detainees held by the U.S. military in the so-called war on terror.
- Recent profiles on two of my favorite authors: Philip K. Dick and Gore Vidal. (Via.)
- Jack McDevitt’s Seeker won the Nebula Award for best novel awarded by the Science Fiction and Fanasty Writers of America.
- The podcast Escape Pod is apparently again podcasting the Hugo Award nominees for best short story.
Nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be
“All You Need is Love,” The Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour