- A Romanian man’s lawsuit against God has been dismissed, in part because God “does not have an address.” (Via.)
- The Internet Archive has embarked on the ambitious Open Library project with the grand goal of creating an online library every book published. (Via.)
- While the video (NSFW) could be considered racist, it seems a variation of a t-shirt I saw at Readercon that said, “Read A Fucking Book.”
- A 90-year-old Twin Cities tradition ends as Shinders newsstands shutter all their doors.
- JP at SFSignal has an interesting list of his favorite space opera. I agree particularly with the Hyperion books and admit that both The Golden Age series and A Fire Upon the Deep have been sitting on the bookshelves untouched for far too long. Personally, I would add Charles Stross’ Singularity Sky and Iron Sunrise to the list. Others I might suggest would simply show my age.
Inside the silence is a symphony
“Radio Song,” Joe Walsh, Got Any Gum?