Hopefully, the improving weather will also improve the attitude a variety of minor annoyances has created. At least I have an extra day to invoke one of my mantras: “get over it.” In the interi, largely award-related linkage.
- The shortlist for The Independent Foreign Fiction Prize has been announced. (Via.)
- Likewise, the (longer) list of nominees for the LA Times Book Prize was announced.
- A more offbeat shortlist is for the Diagram Prize for the Oddest Book Title. The nominees:
- I Was Tortured By the Pygmy Love Queen
- How to Write a How to Write Book
- Are Are Women Human? And Other International Dialogues
- Cheeese Problems Solved
- If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start With Your Legs
- People who Mattered in Southend and Beyond: From King Canute to Dr Feelgood
- The Quill Awards quietly fade away.
- The cost of the war in Iraq in economic and moral terms.
I figure the odds be fifty-fifty
I just might have some thing to say
“Fifty-Fifty,” Frank Zappa, Over-nite Sensation