- At first, I thought today’s post was going to be short simply due to mid-January doldrums. But, in fact, today is actually National Nothing Day. By posting, though, I suppose I’m converting it to little or nothing day.
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The Sweet Sixteen, a/k/a the shortlist, for the 2010 Tournament of Books has been announced.
- A book reviewer’s experience with “the sensory-deprivation school of reading.”
- This one is probably only for hockey fans but a blogger has uncovered the NHL’s suspension flow chart. (Via.)
- In addition to mental degradation, each hour spent in front of the television daily is associated with an 11 percent increased risk of death from all causes, a 9 percent increased risk of cancer death; and an 18 percent increased risk of cardiovascular disease-related death. (Via.)
- Editor & Publisher joins Kirkus Reviews in being saved. Don’t know if a two-week shutdown keeps it from the “not yet dead” category.
Nature abhors a moron.
H.L. Mencken, A Mencken Chrestomathy