- The guide for the South Dakota Festival of Books I mentioned in this space last week is now available online. The complete schedule is also available at the event’s website. As you will see, most likely tomorrow, the festival is affecting August Bibliolust.
Blog Line of the Week
- Jessica Crispin describes her recent book list for NPR as one comprised of “books about feeling like shit but getting out of bed anyway.”
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- How to behave at the used bookstore.
- The Man Booker Prize longlist was announced this week. The only one I’ve read is David Mitchell’s The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet.
- The NYT profiles China Miéville.
- The ABA Journal has named the 25 greatest fictional lawyers — who aren’t Atticus Finch. I’m glad to see my three favorites — Frank Galvin, Vinny Gambini and Arthur Kirkland — all made the list.
- Religious tolerance in America: A Gainesville, Fla., church plans to mark the September 11th attacks with “Burn a Koran Day.”
If a lion could talk, we could not understand him.
Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations