- This week’s review of Our Tragic Universe made the Noteworthy Content of the Week at the official blog of 9rules.
Worthy Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Ten things I know about the mosque (“The instinctive response of Americans should have been the same as President Obama’s: Muslims have every right to build there. Where one religion can build a church, so can all religions.”)
Blog Lines of the Week
- “The skill of using words well, the ability to write a message that gets results, is change-proof. No matter how much technology has changed, the basic principles of writing have remained constant. Your ability to write will never become obsolete.”
- What do e-books mean for the future of home libraries and bookshelves?
- The Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library will open this fall in downtown Indianapolis, his hometown.
- The highest-paid authors. I’ve never read anything by four of the top five. (via)
- Offered without comment, Porn for the Blind. (via)
- Is there anyone the right doesn’t hate?
- Russia in color, a century ago.
- Another of those intriguing concepts that makes my brain hurt: does the past exist yet?
Where’s evil? It’s that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side.
Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night