Worthwhile Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The best book review I have read in a long time: The Problem With Memoirs. (“That you had parents and a childhood does not of itself qualify you to write a memoir.”)
- The longlist for the 2011 Best Translated Book Award has been announced. I am disappointed I’ve only read one of the 25 on the list, although I have two others on the TBR shelves. For what it’s worth, Galleycat has posted links to free samples of all 25 books.
- Orhan Pamuk says “much of human experience is marginalised” because of the lack of translation of non-English works.
- A law professor relates his experience being on trial in a French criminal defamation lawsuit for a book review he wrote. (via)
- Birthday card of the year?
To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring — it was peace.