Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- A Proposal For An All New Ten Commandments (“#5 When your religion, belief, ideology or personal opinion justifies violating the rights of others, know you are an enemy to the cooperative.”)
- Raja Alem, a Saudi novelist, has become the first woman to win the International Prize for Arabic Fiction. Alem won for her book The Doves’ Necklace, not yet available in the U.S., and shared the award with Moroccan author Mohammed Achaar.
- A “conscensus cloud” of books everyone should read.
- How to turn an old hardback book into a case for your e-reader. (via)
- Libraries, a place where “we can recover our curiosity and hope.”
- The story of a Russian cosmonaut who crashed into the Earth “cursing the people who had put him inside a botched spaceship.”
- Normally, this would be a Charlie Sheen-free zone but: independent voters say they would support Charlie Sheen over Sarah Palin for President by a 41-36 margin.
You know, a long time ago, being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody’s crazy.
Charlie Manson, 1994 television interview