Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- 9 Things The Rich Don’t Want You To Know About Taxes (“As millions of Americans prepare to file their annual taxes, they do so in an environment of media-perpetuated tax myths.”) (via)
- It’s nice to see I’m not the only one who doesn’t get the fascination with DFW. (via)
- Was John Steinbeck’s Travels With Charley a fraud? (via)
- Should Reading Be Promoted as a “Legal Drug”? (via)
- Dystopian fiction, one of my favorite genres, is pushing aside vampires among teen readers, at least in Britain.
- Somehow I missed this last week, but the 2011 Indies Choice Awards were announced — and I actually read the fiction and debut winners.
- Several award shortlists this week: the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize (where I’ve read two of the six finalists), the Orange Prize for Fiction (one of six) and the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award (zero for ten).
Why is the first guy at the light aways the last to see the light change to green?