- Check out the new South Dakota Digital Archives.
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Daddy Issues (Elderschadenfreude — “the secret pleasure of hearing about aging parents that are even more impossible than yours.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
Blog Line of the Week
- What do war bestsellers say about society?
- The first six issues of Amazing Stories, the first magazine devoted to SF, are available online. (via)
- The inaugural Hatchet Job of the Year Award for the “angriest, funniest, most trenchant” book review published in the last year goes to Adam Mars-Jones.
- An essential “postmodern” reading list. (I am not surprised I haven’t read any of them.)
- Madonna’s Super Bowl halftime show was actually a Satanic ritual.
- Shit My Students Write is worth checking out. An example: “What that pervious statement means is that it means what it means.”
- Nice things to say about Attilla the Hun
- Atheism in America (via)
- What jobs were available in the medieval job market? (via)
- When did the middle finger become offensive? (via)
In a dream you are never eighty.
Anne Sexton, “Old”