- What with February having Valentine’s Day and being Library Lover’s Month, Siouxland Libraries is running Blind Date With a Book through the end of the month.
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Vergangenheitsbewaltigung (“Good fiction, whether popular or more deliberately literary, introduces disturbing ideas and facts to the public under the guise of entertainment and diversion. It allows people to maintain distance from the ideas because it is, after all, just a story. But after people have lived with the fictions for a time, they are ready to confront whether the circumstances in the stories have any reflection on reality.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
Blog Line of the Week
- Books to give up for Lent
- Cory gets around to reading (and reviewing) a book that’s been on my shelf too long.
- Why Do People Buy Books They Don’t Read? (via)
- Group settings can diminish expressions of intelligence (via)
- The prior link may explaiin why the FBI says paying cash for coffee is a sign of terrorist intent.
Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you’re just a reflection of him?
Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes (June 9, 2009)