Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- It’s Genre. Not That There’s Anything Wrong With It! (“Genre, served straight up, has its limitations, and there’s no reason to pretend otherwise. Indeed, it’s these very limitations that attract us.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
- Self-published books accounted for 43 percent of the print titles released in 2011.
- Woody Allen sued for copyright infringement for quoting (misquoting, actually) a William Faulkner book in one of his films.
- What would you put in a bookstore you created?
- Book brick bookends
- The Seven Deadly Sins in literature
- Ten novels that are scarier than most horror movies
I can bear anything as long as there are books.
Jo Walton, Among Others