Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Godless yet good (“After 20 years of living in the US (I was born in Canada), I still tend to forget how many people here assume, simply as a matter of common sense, that the very idea of ‘secular ethics’ is an abomination, a contradiction, or both.”)
- What Coke Contains (“The number of individuals who know how to make a can of Coke is zero. The number of individual nations that could produce a can of Coke is zero.”) (via)
- I could see wanting to live in a gorgeous library
- For some reason, this bothers me: the future of books is “social reading.” (via)
- Has the Kindle killed the Nook?
- And is digital publishing killing the ISBN?
- The 10 greatest dystopian love stories (I’ve read six)
- The National Book Critics Circle Awards were announced this week — and I’ve actually read the fiction winner
- The Tournament of Books begins Monday
- Unfortunately, you need to be aware of CISPA again
- Photos of a Siberian winter
- Eleven emerging scientific fields that everyone should know about
To bankrupt a fool, give him information.
Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Bed of Procrustes