This is delayed due to travel (and coming within minutes of spending last night in the Denver airport).
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- In praise of cynicism (“If there’s one thing that makes me cynical, it’s optimists.”)
Weird Shit of the Week
- An Ohio man was indicted for having sex with a rubber raft. And it is not the first time he has been charged with such an offense. (via)
- Do we now have commercial digital book-burning?
- The liberal arts are needed because they create SF (via)
- Here’s a meta book list for you: the 10 best top 100 book lists
- Another legal case where stupidity should be a defense
- To avoid legal problems in the future, please take note that you do not have a First Amendment right to sunbathe in the nude in Florida
- If you’re not concerned about what the NSA can learn from your email metadata alone, you should be
- Who owns the brand and copyrights of Omni magazine?
Again and again in American history the public has been told that civil liberties must be sacrificed to protect the country from foreign threats.
Anthony Lewis, Freedom for the Thought That We Hate